A Plug and Play Four Camera USB Security Camera System That Plugs Into Your Computer

Technical innovation evolves faster than most people can keep up with in the security industry. You are lucky to have a guy like me who scans the market for the latest technology, tests it, and then writes a review on it.

Swivel Tv Mounts

Today I am writing about the C1195 USB DVR kit. In layman's terms, it is a security camera system that you just plug into your computer and it's ready to go. That's correct: this system uses your computer's hard drive to store video footage. All you have to do is plug this flash card with a little antenna into your USB2 drive, and amazing things start to happen.

Swivel Tv Mounts

The C1195 has the ability to stream video footage to a remote computer or smart phone, and will even send an email alert if motion is detected by any of the four cameras. And the picture is good and secure, because the entire system is digital. That's amazing technology for a fraction of the price that a security system with remote capabilities used to cost.

Now let's talk about the cameras. The C1195 kit comes with four. They are all wireless cameras, which means you do not have to run video cable from each camera to your computer. The only wires to worry about are from an adapter to power up each camera from a local plug-in. Even more impressive for the price is that the cameras are infrared! This means they have several LEDs that make it possible to record in total darkness. These cameras are easy to mount, which also means that this super security camera kit is also portable. I hooked the entire system up in an hour, and feel certain a first-time installer could hook it up in not much more time. The camera bases attach with three sheet metal screws, and are a snap to install. Another aspect I like about the camera is each one has a double swivel ball base. This makes almost any angle possible to obtain.

Not so long ago I was asked by Big Brother to travel to a foreign country to do some covert work. I was traveling under a friendly pretense, and I knew the foreign host would be providing my lodging accommodations. So I packed the C1195 in a suitcase and threw it in the belly of the plane.

Upon arrival to the old USSR, I was offered either a hotel room or a small cabin on a lake. I opted for the cabin, knowing each offered its security challenges. I knew they would be listening to me, or worse. So I seized a prime opportunity when my hosts (three of them) staying in another cabin had to make a 45-minute trip for food. Well, I had not packed an electric drill, so I opened up my spy box and took out some removable adhesive. The cameras were small enough that it held, and I knew I would need to take the cameras down in a hurry in a few days.

I plugged in my laptop and, presto! I was in business. It took all of an hour to see one of my happy hosts sneak over and peek into my window. I saw him coming, so all was cool, but I was tempted to put on my glow-in-the-dark rubber chicken shorts, but I did not want to kill him. A little later I almost could not help laughing out loud when the cameras picked up one of them with a stethoscope pressed to the cabin wall.

So not only did the C1195 provide peace of mind under a real test, but it also provided great portability and humor. By the way, the climate was very cold, and the system held up better than expected. So I give it a high rating, providing the distance you need to see at night is not very far. A nice piece of spy equipment for a little bit of money.

A Plug and Play Four Camera USB Security Camera System That Plugs Into Your Computer
Swivel Tv Mounts

Zoom Lenses Corner Computer Desk Ladder Wall Shelf